[DeTomaso] Before I attempt this...

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Tue Feb 28 23:41:11 EST 2012

Cory, I've not tried this, but in most metal/epoxy fillers of any kind, the
metal particles are so well coated with resin that no contact with each
other or the base is possible. The hardened mix will be an electrical
insulator. Only specially formulated metal/resin mixes have any electrical continuity
so I'd expect no problems with your mix corrosion-wise. Whether the studs
will hold is another issue. A really good welder could build up bosses in the
back for threaded studs that could be set in with Lock-tite, and eliminate
the question. But you can try the epoxy and if it doesn't work, no harm
done. Good luck- J Deryke