[DeTomaso] Before I attempt this...

Corey Price coreyjprice at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 23:29:32 EST 2012

I will ask the group.

The cast aluminum gills for my car have stripped out holes.  The previous owner tapped them for 10-24 studs.  I have cut stainless steel studs for all of the holes to be repaired.  I am planning to set the studs in Loctite metal epoxy, which contains aluminum and silica.  I looked specifically for an epoxy without steel in the resin so that I don't introduce another corrosion issue.  Anyone have experience that this won't work?  I'm concerned about the aluminum corroding from contact with stainless steel and moisture.  My concern is that it's one of those things where you want to prevent a problem but inadvertently cause another one...

Corey