[DeTomaso] The basic things

Thomas Tornblom thomas at hax.se
Tue Feb 28 11:25:57 EST 2012

2012-02-28 16:06, Corey Price skrev:
> I had a 5.0 Mustang that died on the freeway one day.  I towed it home, and started troubleshooting.  After removing the fuel pump, gas tank, tracking wiring, etc, I found it was a simple fusible link... (Insert Homer Simpson exclamation here)

That happened for me, with my GT5, on our way to a meeting in southern
Sweden in 2003. It was the main fusible link to the Mustang 5.0 EFI I
had installed a year prior, and it was the weld between the copper wire
and the fusible link that had come lose.

We jury-rigged the ignition and I used a flat blade fuse as my ignition
key during the trip :)

I'm now using a proper fuse and have not had any problems with this
since then.

Thomas