[DeTomaso] Example of Wilikson Header Port

doug351c doug351c at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 23:07:56 EST 2012

Here are photos of one of the header ports on Wiliksons new GTS style
headers. The match between the cardboard pattern from one of my stock
exhaust ports is excellent.  The only significant mismatch is where
Wilkinson left more meat on the flange near the upper bolt hole in the photo
which good because this area is prone to blowing out the gaskets.

All the header's ports are near clones of each other at the head side of the
flange surface.  The cylinder to cylinder port spacing is spot on (within 20
mils).  The only variation between the header's ports is due to the weld
transitions to each pipe's ID, which is somewhat smaller than the port
openings, and the various directions that the pipes leave the ports.  These
headers have, by far, the most accurate port flanges I've seen between the 4
different sets of 351C headers I've owned.

In comparison, my Mind Train header's port spacings are off a good 150 mils
between the front and rear cylinders!

Doug Braun
blue 73L #5505