[DeTomaso] Speaking of exhaust systems...

John Buckman jb841 at cox.net
Sun Feb 26 21:37:23 EST 2012

Now one of those sets is on E-bay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/140707652023

FYI....

Mike
 >>>I bought this set of headers from the same eBay seller exactly two years ago this month.  It was a
private sale, through another forum.  AFAIK, these had not been listed on eBay.

When I opened the box and unpacked the headers, I immediately noticed that the left side header
flange openings were smaller than the right side header flange openings.  I immediately contacted the
seller with the problem.  We discussed the problem at length.  I took pics and emailed them to the seller.
He tried to get me to have someone "modify" the headers, and said that he would knock some off the
price.  For those of us that have built headers, "it ain't no simple task".  Also, the left side header appeared
to be too "wide", meaning that it wouldn't fit between the motor mount and the gas tank heat shield without
some heavy "persuading" (like a REALLY big hammer).  He finally agreed to take them back and refund
my money.

On a side note, the mufflers were absolutely gorgeous.  However, I noticed that the set of holes that were
drilled in the rear muffler baffle (the ones that are visibly when looking inside the muffler tips) were much
smaller than the ones in my GTS mufflers.

FWIT, here are some pics of the two flanges:

http://tinyurl.com/SS-Headers-1

http://tinyurl.com/SS-Headers-2

John