[DeTomaso] Seats - don't make my mistake

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Sun Feb 26 13:53:12 EST 2012

In a message dated 2/25/12 4:26:04 PM, lotus0005 at hotmail.com writes:

> How will I know how much foam the seats should have, or how much for them
> to take out.

Bill, depending on which of the three possible seats your car has, some can
be adjusted for a little back rake. This will recline the back a few
degrees and make things more comfortable. The early 3-piece seats are adjustable
by slotting the seat straps in back. If you completely slot the straps on
these seats, you can slack off the fastener bolts without removing them, and
fold the seat back foward enough to make removing the firewall upholstery
easier. The very late seats (usually, wide-body Panteras) have side adjuster
knobs that allow some rake angle. Only the 73-74 one-piece seats, welded into a
single piece frame, cannot be rake-adjusted. And these are often cracked in
one or more places but can be rewelded once the upholstery is gone. Hope
this helps- J Deryke