[DeTomaso] What's the hot ticket these days...

CharlesMcCall charlesmccall at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 13:16:46 EST 2012

.... for rear decklid shocks for a car with a delta wing?

>>>Didn't you replace your crazy-heavy delta wing with a faux carbon fiber
wing from Geoff Peters?

****Partial credit. I did replace my stock delta wing with a real carbon
fiber wing from an unknown source (but weighs 1kg or 2kg, I forget, as
opposed to the 12kg from the stock wing). I purchased it from Steve Butler
in the UK, who didn't remember where it originally came from. The weight
difference was enough for the shocks to compensate at the time, but as they
were slowly dying, they are now one step further along the road to the big
shock hole in the sky...

In the interesting fact of the day, Roland Jaeckel says that the later cars
with VIN about 9000 had a heavier decklid than the earlier cars. Again,
after having been beaten over the head by mine, I'll vouch for that!