[DeTomaso] Speaking of exhaust systems...

gow2 at rc-tech.net gow2 at rc-tech.net
Sun Feb 26 12:12:44 EST 2012

No tuned length. I am working off some ideas here. When I made the last
set cylinders were improperly matched:

http://www.rc-tech.net/cars2/ts/eh/ex1.jpg
http://www.rc-tech.net/cars2/ts/eh/hp.jpg

They were 2 into one but you cannot properly match 2 into one with out a
cross over. The effects were devastatingly bad; which is good for learning
some times.

I am not 100% on board with the benefits of equal length headers unless it
is a 180 degree system. You will always have one cyl off unless you cross
over. My goal was to delay the joining all 4 as long as possible.

I also believe changes in back pressure, an equalization of the system
some times give scavenge more credit then is due. I doubt few will agree
with me but that's fine; that's why I like to play.

So my goal here was the longest time before all cyl join given the most
even pressure. Second, I built in a butterfly so I can play with the
effect of back pressure:

http://www.rc-tech.net/cars2/ts/eh/ex3.jpg