[DeTomaso] seat foam

Justin Greisberg justingreisberg at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 25 20:48:58 EST 2012

I used the pantera-specific seat foam (and covers) from SACC restorations.  It really is nice quality stuff with a nice fit.  I give them an A+ review.  I did it all myself. It's a lot of grunt work, but not impossible.  The hard part was making the wire bows that fit in the upholstery and getting it to pull down properly.  Fortunately, the seat covers from SACC have all the right spaces for the wires.  In the end, my job looks nice, but not perfect.  A really good interior person/professional could do a slightly better job, BUT the average person I find to help with any job (the local "professionals" whether engine builder or interior person) would not do any better.
However, when replacing old squished foam with new stuff, it does make me sit higher.  I have thick hair, which might be nice sometimes, but I know I am ready for a haircut when I feel my head brush the headliner now.  With the old seats, I never touched the headliner.  Now, if I just keep a crewcut, I am OK.  Justin