[DeTomaso] a couple of things to think about . . .

David in Durango adin at frontier.net
Fri Feb 24 22:46:48 EST 2012

As I was disassembling my car I noticed a rather disturbing item.  Even though half-shafts were visually up against the stub axles of the ZF, and I had no noises or other symptoms, I discovered that the half-shaft bolts were installed without lock washer - leaving the bolt/nut combination to be easily turned with a wrench.  This is an item that should not be left to visual inspection - GET A WRENCH ON THOSE PUPPIES.

I believe Mike can tell a story of a can he viewed that had the unfortunate feature of most of the inner fenders shredded.

When I purchased the car, the PO gave me a long list of "features" which include "wired ring gear bolts" - something I tried to verify visually.  RBT informed me that the ring gear bolts in my transaxle were tight, BUT NOT WIRED.  Again, not a story you want to experience with your car.

Start now and verify all the Pantera specific gremlins on your own car BEFORE you get on the road!

Have fun, be safe.

David in Durango