[DeTomaso] Race prepped 'Goose on BaT

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Thu Feb 23 00:20:24 EST 2012

In a message dated 2/22/12 20 56 56, mbefthomas at comcast.net writes:

> I was wondering if it was the same one.  The pics we saw before it was in
> yellow though, was it not?

Not the same car.   The yellow one is in Europe.   It's not really 'race
prepared'; it's really a custom hybrid road car; it's a Mangusta body on a GT5
Pantera chassis, with GT5 suspension/brakes/wheels/engine/gearbox.   It's
an extremely well-done car, at least by all appearances.

I should qualify that--I think the car started life as a Mangusta and had
much of a GT5 grafted underneath it.   I couldn't really see much Mangusta
chassis when I looked at it--what I saw was Pantera.   But it's not unlikely
that it's actually pieces of both grafted together?

Oh, and there is also ANOTHER yellow Mangusta in Germany that I just came
across for the first tiime last summer; it's got super-wide flares, and a
twin-turbo 351C, but it's all Mangusta underneath.