[DeTomaso] Rear Quarter Windows and Trim

J B Reardon jbreardon at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 22 09:50:49 EST 2012

On the topic of quarter windows, I want to put a hinge on that window so it will swing open.
This would be essentially a wing window that was standard on cars built prior to 1970’s. This would be a complex frame, as it would have to follow the convex shape B pillar and have to place the hinges so they would not bind. I think a swing out windows would make servicing the front of the engine or anything mounted on the engine compartment bulkhead very easy. I have found that the easier the task the more likely it will be done.  Has anyone attempted such a window?

Jim