[DeTomaso] Techno Question: Lower front ball joints

Charles Engles cengles at cox.net
Mon Feb 20 21:48:15 EST 2012

Dear Bill and Forum

                 Further inspection in the calm of Monday evening after a
full Sunday reveals that *ALL* the dust seals have failed.   So, I need to
order more  boots from Energy suspension.

                      Dumb questions:   Does one have to remove the ball
joint to place the dust seal?   It would be too easy to replace them without
popping the joints out, right?

                                                          Is there a nice
way to remove the upper ball joint if it is required?  The only time I have
done it is with the dreaded pickle fork tool.

                                      Warmest regards,  Chuck Engles