[DeTomaso] Adding 12V Power Outlets

michael@michaelshortt.com michaelsavga at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 19:35:52 EST 2012

I want to add multiple 12V outlets + perhaps a USB power outlet to the
Pantera (Cell phone charger (sometimes 2 of those) a GPS and iPod which
plugs into my stereo system already).
I have seen as well as used the 1 plug into 3 outlets things before, but if
you use all of them, the fuse quickly blows.
I thought about hard wiring one of those directly to the battery or putting
a large fuse holder in the line with something like a 30 amp fuse,  it that
doesn't really offer much protection to any one of the single devices.
Now thinking about an under dash array or perhaps one alongside the center
console, where each outlet would have a separate fuse.

Most of the time I listen to the car, so this is more about the GPS and
Cell.

Have any of you done anything like this?

Michael Shortt