[DeTomaso] Yoko AVS? Re: Tire Sizes

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sun Feb 19 19:10:38 EST 2012

In a message dated 2/19/12 15 34 54, lashdeep at yahoo.com writes:

> 1) Where and when can you find the Yokohama AVS that was/is made in the
> proper GT5/GT5-S sizes?
>
>>>Yokos in the proper 285/40 and 335/35 sizes are made every few years in
tiny batches.   I don't know if they ever allocate any to the USA, although
I do know they go to Europe, and maybe Canada.   Several Pantera guys in
Europe have purchased stocks of them, including Kjell Janssen in the Swedish
club.   He might have a few left.   I think Roland Jackel is able to get onto
the Yokohama website and see what the existing stock is, and he can get
them?

> >2) Is the Michelin TB15 335mm rear still available in the 15" size?
>
>>>They use an alternate sizing description which works out to 295/40-15
and 335/35-15 and both are available from Coker Tire and Summit.

> >I agree with all of the advantages of going to a 17" wheel, but the
> stock 15" GT5 wheel is one of the most beautiful things ever created IMO.

makes it look wider, and meaner!

Having said that, a Gr4 car with taller race tires (like Royden's) looks
pretty tough too!