[DeTomaso] Interesting video about Glikenhaus's Feraris

Guido deTomaso guido_detomaso at prodigy.net
Sun Feb 19 15:51:22 EST 2012

"yellow Fiat Dino Spyder ... mine was red and it was a fun car to drive, not
fast but it sounded amazing...I sold it for $8,000"

@Michael S:  At least you got to enjoy it before it became too valuable to do so
without worry.  With some possibility of delusion, I've got several cars I look
at that way right now.

"Ford's GT 40's came in 1st, and 2nd at Lemans in 69-or 70"

@Bill:  Glory Days 40+ years ago ought to scroll off the resume eventually, no ?

"yellow GT Mk IV ...... he takes that car out for Sunday drives"

@Mike D:

The Mark IV was my childhood favorite, somehow the front seems "rounder" while
the rear is more raw and functional, in my eye anyway.  Encountered a guy long
ago who as a student drove the earlier GT40 to Cal Poly more than once, maybe 10
years before my own days there. It was built from parts of wrecks, he made it
sound like he built it with paper route money but I found that hard to believe,
even in the early seventies he would have needed both remarkable resources as
well as $$$.  Yet like Michael's Dino, he got some everyday use out of it while
he could.

GD