[DeTomaso] Tire Sizes

richard bosch theemonkey at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 19 11:51:27 EST 2012

Here is a link to my GT5 flared car with 18X10 and 18X13 rims.Tires are 295/30/18 and 335/30/18 Toyo R888.Different brands will vary slightly in spec,such as Hoosiers and Michelin are slightly  smaller.Specifications are in inches.Front 25.1 diameter  11.8 width,rear 26 diameter 13.3 width.
Original widebody cars had 285/40/15 and 345/35/15 for specs of 24 dia. front and 24.5 dia. rear.

http://poca.com/index.php/gallery/?g2_itemId=14748

The car will have significantly better handling and braking wise with the lower profile tires over what you have now.The ride will be harsher due to less sidewall flex.I do not find that a problem,but everyone is different in what they like.
One question.Do you have adjustable shocks?I play with my ride height depending on which tires i use.I use Formula Atlantic slicks now when i play on the track.23 X9.5 and 24.5X13.75.