[DeTomaso] Source for exact replacement for Crankshaft Dampener bolt and washer

doug351c doug351c at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 14:10:06 EST 2012

Mike & Chuck,

I posted this info for those who may wish to keep their car as stock as
possible for concours and/or personal reasons.  The AMK bolt is made to
exactly the same specifications, strength, and appearance, including head
marking, as the original Ford bolt/washer that came with your car and it is
considered by the Mustang Club of America as concours correct (and they are
very picky).

For a non-concours application, there is no substitute for ARP (IMHO), but
it's a $20 bolt and AFIK, doesn't come with the engine set (at least it
didn't when I bought mine 15 years ago (anybody seen it come with the set?).
Also, AFIK, ARP only makes it in black-oxide finished steel which is jsut as
subject to corrosion as the original Ford bolt; I wish ARP made it in their
super-stainless which adorns the rest of my Pantera engine.

But for my concours 70 MACH1, AMK's bolt set was the perfect choice.

Doug Braun
blue 73L #5505