[DeTomaso] Source for exact replacement for Crankshaft Dampener bolt and washer

doug351c doug351c at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 03:10:51 EST 2012

FYI, I found 2 sources for an exact replacement for our Crankshaft Damper
bolt & thick washer.  AMK Products is famous for making exact OEM
reproduction fasteners, but they prefer to sell through distributors.  This
5/8NF18x1.75 gade 8 bolt and .67ID x 1.75OD x .25TK washer are available as
part of a complete AMK 351C engine fastener kit but if you just need this
bolt and washer, it can be hard to find.

Here are the part numbers for 2 vendors of the Damper bolt/washer which is
an AMK Products #F-1191:
Mustangs Unlimited #AMK321 | 65-73 V8, Crankshaft Damper Fastener Kit |
$4.95
Dallas Mustang Parts #H242 | Hardware, Crankshaft, Damper Bolt, 65-73, All |
$4.00

I purchased the Mustangs Unlimited part and it is indeed correct.  The
Dallas part should be correct as well but I haven't verified it.  Either
way, the price is certainly reasonable.

If anyone needs to order a complete 351C engine fastener kit, I have that
info as well.

Doug Braun
blue 73L #5505