[DeTomaso] Price of gas!

Bill Lewis lotus0005 at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 16 18:48:41 EST 2012

While getting ready to go to France for the LeMans Pantera Rally, I know "none, nada, zero,zilch" French, so we bought a French book and are taking a few French lessons; and also, realizing that I know very little French history (Napoleon, Joan Arc, Louis  I-XXX, etc.), I bought a "History of France in 500 Pages" book.  Wow, what a learning curve. I don't mean me - I mean the people who lived in the French area from Cave Man days to today.  Did you know that the French language is only about a little over 1,000 years old.  Before that the folks spoke several things: Latin, for instance, and several other languges.  Here in America, we've only had time to fight the French, English, Spanish, and EACH other in the past 300 years or so, plus WWI & WWII - but the French fought everybody, over and over again.  Never learned!!!  Or, maybe they finally did!  Hmmm.    ---Bill Lewis