[DeTomaso] Interesting video about Glikenhaus's Feraris

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Feb 15 21:21:11 EST 2012

In a message dated 2/15/12 13 17 55, knottsj at galstar.com writes:

> An amazing collection of American and Italian cars.
>
> Great short video on Bloomberg today.
>
> http://www.bloomberg.com/video/86392860/

I met Jim briefly at Pebble Beach when GT40s were featured.   He owns the
yellow GT Mk IV (not, strictly speaking, a GT40, although it's a close cousin
and usually considered as part of the overall family).   Those cars were
never close to being street legal (unlike the Mk I GT40s), but he had the
engine rebuilt to lower the compression, conned somebody into allowing him to
license it, and believe it or not, he takes that car out for Sunday drives for
ice cream in the Connecticut countryside, with his teenage son.   He's an
extremely kind and approachable guy, not at all full of himself.   He's a
regular participant on the GT40 forum as well.