[DeTomaso] EBC rotors

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Mon Feb 13 21:28:55 EST 2012

(Subject line changed for your convenience)

In a message dated 2/13/12 17 29 15, bjbstewart at yahoo.com writes:

> Just FYI, I spent the better part of 2 weeks chasing leads like this down
> on all the brake supplier websites. I'm pretty sure I called EBC as well,
> but would love to hear if you find something different.  Thing is, they ALL
> use a non-hub/rotor picture, so you can't go by that. And most of the
> sales guys, when asked to go and physically open the box to confirm, are very
> surprised to find the hub / hat / rotor combo.  They don't know that is what
> they are selling...

FWIW, here's a direct link to 1966 Mustang rotors from the EBC USA website
(Finched for your convenience):

http://tinyurl.com/EBCMustangRotors

Three different levels of bling are available.   The images are quite
generic, but convey the idea quite clearly that these rotors do NOT come with an
integral hub, and thus would bolt up quite nicely to a Pantera (front and
rear).

Summit even has two of them with free shipping!

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/EBC-UPR7173/

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/EBC-GD7173/

Note that the generic ones are sold 'each' while the upgraded ones are sold
as a pair.   So the price difference isn't as great as it seems.

EBC goes out of their way to establish that their rotors (well, most of
them anyway) are UK or Italian-made:

http://www.ebcbrakes.com/automotive/ebc_premium_replacement_rotors/inde
x.shtml

And their 3GD sport rotors are so anti-Chinese that they practically wave
UK and US flags!

http://www.ebcbrakes.com/automotive/ebc_3gd_sport_rotors/index.shtml