[DeTomaso] NPC. Aircraft standards

Mikael mikael_hass at mail.tele.dk
Sun Feb 12 11:32:30 EST 2012

I've started working in a company where they among other things overhaul
aircraft engines, mostly TPE-331 (turbo-prop). Don't worry, I don't do it
myself, but it's fun talking to the mechanics and looking at their work
standards. They write stuff down, they have check lists, the non-used parts
are kept on rollers with plastic covers, they use russel type fittings not
rubber hoses, and safety wire bolts. Worth copying for the street? I safety
wired my header bolts in the 80s, drilled the holes in the bolts myself with
a handheld drill, people thought I was crazy. I must have had a lot time on
my hands back then...

When they test the engines in a bench, it often happens right outside my
window, not bad :-)

Mikael