[DeTomaso] NPC: My Dad's car

Bill Lewis lotus0005 at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 12 09:22:10 EST 2012

Plink! Plink!   That's the sound of teardrops hitting my keyboard!   --------------    My wife bought my first Pantera in 1976 and I sold it in 1977.  Then I bought another one in 1983 - then when the economy crashed in Texas in 1984, we had to sell ALL our toys, but I kep all the paperwork, and in 2000 I started trying to find it.  I contacted Judy at POCA, and she said, sure, here's the current owner in California.  I emailed (actually wrote) him (Willie McKewen) and he said no he didn't want to sell.  I contacted him once or twice a year, and finally he said yes, and thanks to John Taphorn, it is now in almost perfect shape and driven a lot.  --------------------    In college, we bought a '63 Corvette coupe in 1965 and sold it in 1971.  I kept the VIN and started searching for it a couple years ago, then finally used a search-guy service - he found it in Wisconsin and we bought it back.  I took my pregnant wife to the hospital in it and brought her and a new son home in it, in 1970.  I had a summer job and had to overnight at the job site, and slept in the back of it - ah, youth!      --------Bill Lewis