[DeTomaso] Increasing a torque wrench's capacity?

steven.liebenow at att.net steven.liebenow at att.net
Sat Feb 11 22:39:51 EST 2012

OK, brain cells are very rusty on this one.....

How do I increase the capacity of my torque wrench?

I have a 150ft-lbs click style wrench now, and I need 220-50ish to do the large
nuts on my ZF input and output shafts.

Do I increase the length with a 1ft adapter to move the wrench out by double or
must I double the "handle length" of the torque wrench, about 18' or so....

Does this apply to click type torque wrenches or the pointer style, or does it
even make a difference......

I really don't want to buy a monster torque wrench at this time.....and I'm not
sure yet if I can rent a large one from Kragens!

Anyway, figured I'd throw this out for the rocket scientists to digest and
comment!

Thanks!
Steve