[DeTomaso] L-model fuel filler issue

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Thu Feb 9 17:32:18 EST 2012

Been there, done that.  About 10 years ago in fact.  Same symptoms.  I
don't remember where I got it, but I got a chunk of fuel hose that was
as close to the proper diameter as I could.  I think I got it from
Napa.  Then Robert Shewchuck gave me a call and explained how to try
and put it back on.  Using his instructions and a bit of elbow grease,
I managed to get it all replaced.

I think the easiest thing to do is remove the upper filler plate,
install the hose on it, then install it on the neck on the tank, then
screw the upper filler plate back in place.

I'd use copious amounts of your favorite umm... water soluble
lubricant.  I also might suggest a hair dryer to expand the hose to
make it a bit larger diameter (this may or may not work).

The original hose is a bit thin, the replacement I used is much
thicker.  with the terrible gas they sell today, you may want to check
this on a regular basis.

Asa Jay

Quoting MikeLDrew at aol.com:

--
Asa Jay Laughton - sent from somewhere other than home