[DeTomaso] Spare Parts?

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Thu Feb 9 16:11:01 EST 2012

In a message dated 2/9/12 12 36 39, JDeRyke at aol.com writes:

> For a couple of projects, I need the follwing parts:
> 1)- a lower steering shaft. This is the one about a foot long, splined on
> both ends that runs between the two u-joints. Alternatively, one of the
> shft
> rods, prefereably the short one.
>
>>>The steering 'shaft' you mention is actually two pieces, sold as an
assembly, with flats on two sides which allows it to collapse in the event of an
accident.   They are Pantera-specific, and thus rare, and expensive:

http://www.panterapartsusa.com/cgi-bin/detail.cgi?prod_id=03017A

Note that the photo only shows the male portion of the assembly, but in
fact it's sold as a two-piece assembly with nylon clips where the silver
grooves are in the photo above.

> 2)- a Weiand 8209 water pump for a 351-C. This is the aluminum pump with
> no
> bypass passage in the casting.
> Anyone got either? I do not expect these to be free, incidently. Thanks- J
>
>>>Are you just looking to borrow these pieces, or will you be keeping
them/modifying them etc.?

Just curious...you might be able to find a slip-joint setup from one of the
vendors, but it would be a shame to sacrifice a good one if it was going to
be used for something other than the original application....