[DeTomaso] Join a Pantera caravan to Arizona?

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Feb 8 21:01:02 EST 2012

In a message dated 2/8/12 17 39 9, bjbstewart at yahoo.com writes:

> There is a 3rd option for those coming from Nothern CA and above - how
> about a night in Vegas?!?  It's about 9 hrs from San Jose. We have a great
> time Tuesday evening, then head out Wednesday for the ~5 hrs to AZ!

AND we can do that whole route via back roads and it would only cost us an
extra hour, tops!

>From the Bay Area, take 580 to 205 to 120 to 108 east, to 395.   (108 is
seasonally closed; however this winter is so light that it will almost
assuredly be open by the end of April; I don't think it's even closed now!)   If
that didn't work, we could save time but incur some tolls by taking 120
through Yosemite.

Then 395 south past Bishop to our favorite road, 168 East to 95 south
through Beatty and into Las Vegas.

We normally make that alone a two-day drive, but that's because we get a
late start, and take a somewhat northerly detour and have a long brunch at the
Smith's house and don't get out of there until mid-afternoon, then stop in
Bishop by 4:00 p.m.   Eliminating the northern detour and luncheon will get
us to Vegas easily in a day (Google Maps, which is notoriously conservative,
shows it as 583 miles, 10 hours and 56 minutes, although we could probably
beat that quite easily).   Then it's an easy, straight shot on 93 south the
next day, 324 miles.

Whaddayathink?