[DeTomaso] pilot bearing

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Wed Feb 8 01:53:04 EST 2012

There are THREE different 'Oilite' bushing materals and two of them have
iron powder in the sintered mix, which not only makes them magnetic and oddly
colored, it makes them abrasive to gear steel. The only one that is a true
bronze is 'Oilite 841'.
'Super Oilite' is 18-22% iron
'Super Oilite 16' is also 18-22% iron with 1% graphite which makes this
varient gray/black. Both the super-oilites have become more popular with
sellers (but not buyers) since the large price increase for copper and tin.
Take your magnet with you when you buy bronze bushings over the counter.
Throw any back that stick. I get my real bronze bushings from Lakewood
Industries.   Good luck- J Deryke