[DeTomaso] Pantera-Gearhead Database Update

SOBill at aol.com SOBill at aol.com
Sun Feb 5 15:37:38 EST 2012

The Pantera/Gearhead Database at _www.panteraplace.co_
(http://www.panteraplace.co)  under "Technical  Information" (scroll down) has been updated.
The database is stored in Excel format  (Pantera Information.xls ~ 1.3M).
The database is passive, as it contains no  macros.
To use the database, go to  >>>>>http://www.panteraplace.com/Page9.htm,
scroll down to  Technical Resources (“R”) and either open or save the  file.
The database consists of many lines  organized as two columns. Column A
contains the topics (Clutch, ZF, Cooling  System, Suspension, etc.) in
alphabetical order. Column B contains some  information item pertinent to the topic.
The database contains 9,371 lines. 167  lines were added in this update.
The new lines are at the bottom of the database following the item  labeled
ZZZZZ NEW ITEMS in column A.  These new items will be incorporated into the
body of the database at the  next update.  I am doing this so the  database
users can easily review newly added items. Many of the data items are  taken
from the DeTomaso Forum and many others are items of Gearhead interest (I
hope) that I have gathered in my surfing.

A basic way to find data in the  database:
1)     Left click  the mouse on the Edit function on the Excel Toolbar at
the top of the  screen.
2)     Point to  “Find” on the Edit function menu and left click the
mouse.
3)     A window  will open. In this window type any partial word, word, or
phrase in which you  are interested.
4)     Select  “Find Next” and left click the mouse.
5)     The Find  function will highlight the next occurrence in the
database of what you entered  in 3) above. It will find what you entered even if
what you entered is embedded  in a larger word (cam = campy =
lunaticamshafts). The Find function is not case  sensitive (Bosch = bosch).
6)     Each time  you click “Find Next” the Find function will advance to
and highlight the next  occurrence.
7)     If no match  to your entry is found, a window will open to tell you
that no match  exists.
The database may be downloaded by  right clicking on the desired file and
using the “Save Target As” function of  your browser.
Please send me any suggestions,  corrections, or data you would like to
have added.
SOBill  Taylor

Have fun  today,

sobill at aol.com