[DeTomaso] Why support the registry?

boyd casey boyd411 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 19:07:07 EST 2012

If that car had been insured ( against theft) and a claim paid  by the
insurance company , the insurance company would have gotten  the windfall
not the former marine. And you can bet they wouldn't have reimbursed the
latest "owner for the $12,000 he spent on  the motor.
 I bought a land cruiser that had been "tagged" and the theft and vin
alteration discovered after I had resold the car. The discovery and seizure
of the tagged Land cruiser started a law suit daisy chain that  went down
 hill until it hit the first guy that got burned. The original thief is
rarely caught because he is the only one that knows the car is hot and
usually covers his tracks well. Plus a judgement against a car thief (if
you can find him) is usually not worth much.
I got whacked for $50,000!
Boyd