[DeTomaso] Some Pantera content?

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Thu Dec 27 12:58:37 EST 2012

In a message dated 12/27/12 9 00 21, adin at frontier.net writes:

> Thanks, I am aware of the whiplash car - anyone remember how fast it
> went?
>

>>>Not very.   It has a lot of power but it has the aero of a brick, and
aero is what mostly matters in such things.   The other thing is gearing, and
I seem to remember that it has the stock 4.22 ring and pinion combined with
345/35-15 rear tires, which further limits its speed potential.

As it is, it was a very poor choice to represent the   marque at that
particular competition.   A slick, unadorned early car would have been a far
better choice.

Now, if the competition had involved driving on a track, particularly a
short track with top speeds in the 120-130 mph zone, it would have acquitted
itself very well indeed, I think.

The article has been reprinted in several of the Brooklands books on the
Pantera, but I'm away from home and don't have access to mine at the moment.