[DeTomaso] Ford Eco-boost engine problems (NPC)

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sat Dec 22 15:16:40 EST 2012

In a message dated 12/22/12 11 52 56, guido_detomaso at prodigy.net writes:

> To which I might add:  We're surrounded by ever more complex technology,
> while
> the population on average grows less technically savvy with each passing
> day.
>

>>>A very interesting phenomenon indeed.   It used to be that 'auto
mechanic' was a job for dropouts and those who failed academically.   Or at least,
that was the public perception.   But with the growing sophistication of
modern vehicles, mechanics have to be MUCH smarter and more technically savvy
than ever before.

Too, normal people are becoming more and more dependent upon professionals
to keep their vehicles running.   The days of the ordinary person who works
on his truck on the weekend are long gone.   While those of us here happen
to continue to fool around with old cars, I daresay that the vast majority of
you who have newer cars don't even consider turning a wrench on them--when
the Check Engine (translation:   Bend Over) light comes on, straight to the
dealership or authorized service center it goes....