[DeTomaso] MSD wiring diagram?

Guido deTomaso guido_detomaso at prodigy.net
Fri Dec 21 23:22:52 EST 2012

Not so ambitious as to look up the web page, or even the instruction sheets I
have here somewhere, but my recollection ( and these are often wrong ) is the
MSD has separate circuits for a "points level" input ( like from points or an
HEI module ) and an "electronics level" input ( like from a Duraspark
distributor ).

Anything called "ready to run" I imagine you'd connect to the points level side,
and you could go back to non-MSD operation if the box took a dump.

Back to my recollections, it seems like MSD's older advice was, using HEI as an
example, use the HEI module to switch the "points level" side, OR remove the
module and wire the "electronics level" side to the now module-less distributor.

Newer MSD instructions ( still ~10 years old or so ) only recommended removing
the HEI module.  One less part to fail, but there'd be no switching back to HEI
operation at the side of the road also.

So, are they now okay with connecting an HEI or other "ready to run"
distributors to the "points" side?

No hurry here.

GD