[DeTomaso] End of the world Quiz ANSWERS AND PART II

David in Durango adin at frontier.net
Fri Dec 21 11:26:10 EST 2012

Hi kids,

Mayans?  What do they know?

Jerry Knots was the first to identify the car - - -

"Looks like the early '50 Officine Specializzate Construzioni Automobili MT4.  or  OSCA M series.

At least it must be itialian.

Waiting eagerly,
jerry"

and we must give some credit to Mr. Drew with his wild-assed guess!  Good job Mike - your recall astounds me . . .

http://images30.fotki.com/v38/photos/4/43175/147329/temp_osca3-vi.jpg

Now for part b of the quiz:  The 1972 running of the Cannonball Baker Sea to Shining Sea Memorial Trophy Dash had a de tomaso car entered!

What car? (placed fourth maybe? 38hours and 2 minutes) Who were the brothers that owned and entered the car?

and the question I cannot answer - if you have access to the "registry" is should be there - What happened to the car?

Have fun.