[DeTomaso] Arm Rest Removal Problem

Jeff Udelson jefude at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 20 08:45:56 EST 2012

Several  years ago I replaced the original nylon bolt retainers with a Pantera vendor's metal  rivet on style. Recently I attempted to remove the arm rest and discovered that a couple of the bolts will not come out. Apparently the pressed in sleeve that serves as the fastener has come loose from the base plate and is just spinning.

The problem is now how to remove the arm rest bolts ? There is no way to get at and cut off the bolt . And I do not think I will be able to drill/grind off the bolt's head up inside the armrest.

Any ideas ?

Thanks,
Jeff