[DeTomaso] engine build sinulator

David Fisher fisher95020 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 12:58:18 EST 2012

I picked up DynoSim5 a couple of months ago and for $99 I'd say it's worth
it just for the education.   If you take the time to read the owners manual
you learn quite a bit (at least I did - I started off pretty ignorant), and
it gives you the option of optomizing for peak HP or Torque, or (more
usefully) area under the Torque curve within a certain RPM range.  This
program does not help you design optimal exhaust runner lengths, although I
think they have a version for $500 that might.

I found head flow specs (you'll need them) from a Ford Muscle article for
the stock 4V heads, but quickly found the aftermarket heads so much more
compelling.

An interesting side note, is that after I messed around with different
configs for a couple of weeks,  I ended up with almost the identical config
that Brent Stewart has on his motor.

I have yet to build a motor, but I found this pretty helpful for figuring
out how to optomize the stock setup or build an aftermarket motor.

David