[DeTomaso] PNW - Christmas Party minutes

Mike Thomas mbefthomas at comcast.net
Sat Dec 15 12:18:31 EST 2012

Doug, et al, here is a quick write up of last Saturday's PNW Christmas Party
in lieu of December meeting minutes.  I'm going to fill it out a bit more as
an entry to the profiles letters.  (I still plan to do a write up of our
drive to Coeur d'Alene).

Panteras Northwest held its' 2012 Christmas Party dinner and gift exchange
on Saturday, December 8th at Kirkland Club Auto, Kirkland, WA.  Board
members present were President Chris Kimball and wife Vicki, Vice President
Mike Thomas and wife Elizabeth, Treasurer Richard Openshaw and wife
Carolyne.  Also in attendance were Terri Braun, wife of Secretary Doug
Braun, Tim Brennan, Mark Boatsman, Gerald McGinness, Brian and Jeannine
Devine, Warren Lubow, Keith and Anita McGowan, Clarke and Wilma Hamm, Dave
Goodwin and guest and Ken and Lela MacArthur.

The event was scheduled from 1 to 5 PM, and was catered this year by Susan
Magan Catering with a full menu of appetizers and dinner featuring baked
salmon and beef tenderloin.  Attendees provided a good range of deserts.
The Club Auto location had the usual display of great cars, highlighted this
time by a number of beautiful 30's/40's Packards and the redoubtable
Christine, the '57 Plymouth Fury of the Stephen King movie fame (she was a
good girl that day).  Christine was on loan from the America's Automobile
Museum ne LeMay Museum in Tacoma, WA for a recent Club Auto movie night.

Dinner was followed by a typically rousing gift exchange which saw some new
potential regifts for next year, plus the return of the revolving gold purse
with newly added treasures inside.  Three different Maisto models and a case
of Silver City ale were some of the finer take-aways, and Chris Kimball was
happy as a clam with his electronic drum sticks (whether Vicki feels the
same, only time will tell).  A brief meeting preceded the gift exchange with
a thanks from Chris for another great year of Pantera passings, and
conclusion to our bi-annual (non) election confirming the parole denials of
your current Board of Directors.  Though we were unopposed to being opposed,
nobody supposed to oppose us so we go on as before, I suppose.  The event
finished with announcing the winner of the raffle for the Craftsman
174-piece tool set.  Gerald McGinness, who claimed to have never won a thing
in his life, took home the prize.  The raffle netted the club a $122 gain to
its' $99 price, which served to offset the $463.18 (check written by Richard
from PNW) portion of the $903.18 catering bill not covered by the $20/head
dinner charge ($440 total proceeds).  The catering bill was paid with the
accumulated cash plus the PNW check.  Richard also cut a check back to Mike
Thomas for $28.50 for beer and water for the event.

Brief informal discussion was held about events for next year, with the idea
of a drive to central Oregon (Bend) as the annual post Labor Day event so we
could give the Portland folks a chance to join us.  There are a number of
great drives to and around Bend, OR, not to mention it's the craft brewing
capital of the USA.

Let me know if any of you have any corrections.