[DeTomaso] Profiles

Charles McCall charlesmccall at gmail.com
Sat Dec 15 06:17:38 EST 2012

Dear Judy

Your views regarding Mike and the timeliness of the magazine have been made
more than clear on many occasions.

Everyone would like to see 4 timely issues published per year - POCA
members, the board, you, me, and probably more than anyone, Mike.

I'm reminded of the message of the POCA president over the past few months -
if you don't like something about the club, do something about it besides
just complain.

It's easy to sit on the sidelines and criticize the work of those who are
dedicating their free time for the benefit of the club. Think you can do
better? Run for office. Demonstrate that you can do better. Maybe it isn't
as easy as it seems...

Mike has run unopposed for the past zillion years, as apparently there are
exactly zero volunteers willing to do the work for the same pay (?!) I wish
the magazines were more timely, but I am unable/unwilling to take over the
job and see if I could do better so I am thankful that Mike does what he
does. (I'm also thankful for the work that Jack does)

As I am unwilling to take the bull by the horns, I do what I can to help
make his job easier by contributing when I think that there is something
newsworthy.

I'd humbly urge all members to do something similar. Don't like something
about the club? Instead of criticizing from your living room, run for
office. Perhaps you may find that being in charge isn't as easy as it
appears.

Don't want to run for office? What can you do to help make the club a better
place to live? Write an article. Have you participated in an event? Take
pictures. Find a volunteer among the participants to write something.
Contribute positively instead of simply criticizing those who are doing
their best.

Just my point of view.

Charles McCall
Raising Pantera Awareness Across Europe