[DeTomaso] WOW! 1/18 scale Pantera model!

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Mon Dec 3 11:59:08 EST 2012

Hi guys,

I just found out about this from an enthusiast in Spain.   The famed
Japanese model maker Kyosho is about to release a new 1/18th scale die-cast
Pantera model!   They are available in red or black, and are extremely
well-detailed (although I don't think the decklid opens).

They label them as "Pantera L" although the cars are clearly '72 Pre-L
Panteras, fitted with the optional Euro Gr3 front spoiler, 10-inch Campagnolo
wheels, Euro radio antenna, Euro taillights, but US marker lights.   It seems
they have a three-spoke Momo Prototipo wheel as well, so other than the side
lights, they are Euro cars all the way.

Which is cool.

Unfortunately they didn't paint them correctly; they forgot to paint the
rocker panels, and front and rear valance areas with satin black, but that's
something that is easy to fix once you get them in your hands.

Also unfortunately, they failed to make them in yellow, so I'm holding off
in the hopes that they see the error of their ways there too.

Right now they are only available for pre-order, with a March delivery
timescale.   Depending on where you buy, the sales price seems to be about $150.

Here's an image showing both models:

http://www.diecastsociety.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/kyosho_08851.jpg

Note that the part numbers are listed for easy shopping.

Cheers!