[DeTomaso] Challinging restoration of a '74 GTS

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Mon Dec 3 01:43:23 EST 2012

In a message dated 12/2/12 20 03 36, chrisvkimball at msn.com writes:

> A luggage rack was a dealer-installed option, I believe.  My Pantera has
> one!
>

>>>Well, dealers carried them and would install them, but they were not a
Ford or De Tomaso part.   They were made and marketed by an outfit called
Gran Turismo which specialized in aftermarket parts for the Pantera; it was run
by Dick Guldstrand and also was the official De Tomaso importer for factory
race parts, or even complete Gr3 or Gr4 race cars if you were so inclined.

Peter Revson also marketed the Gran Turismo line; my original Revson
catalog lists the price of the rack at $139.95.   I've also got an original Gran
Turismo catalog buried away, but it would be a major undertaking to get to it
(it's behind a pile of heavy boxes at the moment) to compare the sales
price.   You get the idea though!