[DeTomaso] it wasn't that much fun

michael@michaelshortt.com michaelsavga at gmail.com
Sat Dec 1 17:18:37 EST 2012

There is simply IMHO ( and in the shared experiences or other knowledgable
drivers on the forum it seems ) the conclusion that 335's just
Provide way too much of a footprint, depending upon compound ( i have used
PZero, Kumho and Pilot Sports) - too much grip, less lateral movement and
do add understeer to the car in a disproportionate ratio to be overcome by
any reasonable size front rubber.
There is simply too much back there to either 4 wheel drift/slide or point
and stab your way around in the fastest manner possible.
The 315/35 & 245/40 combo is vastly superior on my car with 17" wheels.
But as I said in the first email, 335's IMHO do look much cooler on the
car.
And if I were going to have dedicated track car, I'd seriously explore 295's
as a viable performance option.

Michael