[DeTomaso] outside rearview mirror adhesive problem

Lotus Esprit snk20 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 1 11:28:53 EST 2012

Bill,
Yeah, in retrospect, I probably could have used a better description. I doubt there is better double sided tape than the 3M stuff. I have used it elsewhere on the P Car and for trim pieces on my daily driver, and it works very well. I think in this instance, the combination of the weight of the mirror, the relatively small contact area, and the length of the mirror sticking out in the wind is more than 3M designed for the tape. BYW, Steve Wilkinson recommended the 3M double sided tape and even sent me some to use with 3M cleaner and primer when I bought the mirrors from him. I tried it 2 times with the same result. It must work for him, just didn't for me for whatever reason.

Steve Griffin 6661 (PCNC)