[DeTomaso] Cable Shifter

David Nunn dnunn at telus.net
Thu Aug 30 19:50:25 EDT 2012

CNC Performance Parts (http://cncperformanceparts.com) makes a cable shifter
for the ZF.

It's my understanding that James Malin's cable shifter is the CNC
Performance Parts unit with a few modifications to make it work better in a
Pantera. I did speak with James Malin about one but decided it wasn't for
me. One of the things I didn't like was the fact the Pantera's shift gate
gets replaced by a leather boot and Momo shift knob. I also couldn't imagine
it could improve shifting over a properly maintained and adjusted OE shift
mechanism. As far as the price is concerned, I don't recall the amount but I
do remember it didn't shock me.

If you do fit a cable shifter to your Pantera, you can then go one step
further and fit a paddle shifter from Mastershift (http://mastershift.com),
as they make one for ZF's with cable shifters.