[DeTomaso] Car show trivia

Jerry R Knotts knottsj at galstar.com
Wed Aug 29 13:28:12 EDT 2012

Did a charity exotic car show in downtown Tulsa this last weekend.  Two
women happen by looking at the cars.  One that seemed to have had a few
'pops' asked if mine was a Delorian.  I said no that it was a DeTomaso
Pantera.  She said that was her next guess.  Momentarily here friend
wondered over to her and ask what kind of a car was she looking at.  She
replied " Everyone knows that it is a Demataso Ponderosa."  At least they
didn't think it was a prototype Fiero.

The Tuesday night show and shine some thought it was a kit car and wondered
where I had purchased a kit car with a steel body.  Others were astounded
that they were building cars in 1971 with twin turbos.
Alas edu-ma-cating the unwashed and partially polished is always a
challenge.

DeTomaso headquarters Nowata, Ok,
jerry