[DeTomaso] Electrical Issues

Will Kooiman will.kooiman at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 11:16:50 EDT 2012

I took all of my wires apart.  I cut the harness open, checked every wire,
and retaped it.

There were several loose connections, plus several wires that had cracked
inside the harness.

I did this because one wire had shorted a long time ago and was melted
from the engine to the dash.

The passenger's headlamp had a connector that was loose.  It is hard to
explain, but the wire was pushing out of the connector, so it just barely
made connectivity.  If you wiggled the wires, it worked. Of course, I
fixed it, and it made a big difference.  There was also a connector behind
the glove box that had a similar problem.

While I was messing with the wires, I removed the wiring for the seat belt
buzzer (lots of wires).

My point is you probably have a loose connector somewhere.  The body shop
probably removed a wire or two (I.e. Headlamp), and when they replaced
it,the wires pushed out of the connector(s).