[DeTomaso] Vacuum Advance - ported or full vacuum source

Will Kooiman will.kooiman at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 11:34:28 EDT 2012

Incorrect.

There were some variations with vacuum retard in the smog years, but most
distributors including modern versions such as a Mallory have 1 port.

It works the same whether it is ported or manifold.  The vacuum is the
same.  The only difference is when you get vacuum.  With ported, you get
zero at idle.  Once you go "off-idle", it exposes the ported hole, so you
get full vacuum.