[DeTomaso] Vacuum Advance - ported or full vacuum source

Will Kooiman will.kooiman at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 10:53:20 EDT 2012

The reason they say to hook to ported is because with full vacuum at idle,
it tends to "hunt".

With ported vacuum, the vacuum advance does nothing at idle, so the idle
is more stable.

If you can use full manifold vacuum at idle, that's great.  It runs cooler
and quieter, but if it hunts up and down, switch to ported, and it will
probably stop (hunting).

I would start with full vacuum, and see if you like the way it idles.  If
you don't like it, switch.

Also - with ported vacuum, it sounds better.  It should sound deeper and
have more lope.