[DeTomaso] Power steering conversion.

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Fri Aug 24 17:06:37 EDT 2012

In a message dated 8/23/12 10:52:21 PM, dnunn at telus.net writes:

> I suppose it would also be possible to adapt an OEM electric power
> steering unit to the Pantera’s column but that would still leave you with the
> really tough part . . . figuring out the electronics in order to get the
> amount of assist to your liking.

THanks for the update. As far as adapting a factory assembly to a Pantera,
my electronic engineer/machinist friend in CA has been fiddling with a
Saturn electric PS unit for nearly 10 years, building emulators, interfacing and
even burning a new control chip. So far, it no work... And with the Euro up
to $1.259/dollar today, that 1500 Euro price for the EZ is $1888. With
Summitt getting their percentage of the English conversion, the EZ looks like a
good deal- if you need it. Cheers- J Deryke