[DeTomaso] Power steering conversion.

Phil Lockett montecarlo296 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 24 09:24:36 EDT 2012

Try Rallywiz.com They do a controller with a rheostat so that you can vary the amount of assist while driving.

I think I will put together a very simple monostable multivibrator circuit with a push button on the dash - to give full assist when needed at parking speeds then shut off completely after about 15 seconds.

Here's an idea of DiY price for my kit so far - in GBP

Adjustable column from uk ebay £62
Vauxhall steering wheel boss £15
Nardi steering wheel £22
Leather/suede to re-cover wheel £6

Bits still to get
Stalks, ign lock and cowl around £35
Machined shaft for interface Vauxhall/Detomaso approx £30 - unless I have a batch made (Wink)
Home build electronics £5, or a Rallywiz one at £55

So full lot for about £200 which is approx 226 Euro

Plus I still have my original column to sell.